Have you experienced deep hurt or betrayal?
Friend, if you have experienced betrayal of any kind, especially in marriage, you are not alone!
Personally, I navigated these dark waters for many years. There is hope, healing and reconciliation available.
Listen to episode 86 of the Created To Thrive Podcast to begin a conversation about navigating betrayal, recognizing different types and how to begin the healing process.
**Special Bonus! Grab your FREE ticket to the 2023 Wives Of Integrity Online Conference. Join me and 40+ other speakers to equip and encourage women to have a thriving marriage!
I am honored to be one of 40+ speakers for the 2023 Wives of Integrity Online Conference.
My workshop is titled: “Healing From Betrayal In Marriage: finding grace, faith and reconciliation.” I discuss how to heal from all kinds of betrayal in marriage, and what steps do you need to take to move through your pain and work towards reconciliation. Included is a workbook that practically helps you apply the teachings and gain additional insight.
Here’s a sneak peak into Step 1 of my workshop:
Get Honest With Your Emotional Pain and Find Support
•Self Awareness of your emotional needs.
different types of betrayal
Betrayal can come in many forms, not just sexual infidelity. Here are some non-sexual forms of betrayal which can be damaging as well:
- Emotional attachments (coworker, neighbor, in a small group) When the emotional involvement with someone else replaces the emotional connection you should have with your partner.
- Financial infidelity such as gambling, undisclosed credit card debt or loans, secret bank accounts (especially if someone has their own business),
- Pornography or sexual addiction, strip clubs, etc.
- Work is a higher priority that you. (is their mistress)
- Wives of pastors or traveling ministers
- drug or alcohol addiction
- chronic lying
- emotionally unavailable: cold and detached
- disrespect, devaluing you, putting you down such as gaslighting
- withholding or rejection of physical intimacy with your spouse for long periods of time.
Please share podcast and page with anyone who wants to have a better marriage or is planning to get married soon! Thanks!