When exploring mid life, or the second phase of our life, how do we do it well and positively affect younger generations?
In this episode, we welcome special guest Chris Bruno, co-founder and CEO of Restoration Project and founder and CEO of ReStory® Counseling. Chris has dedicated his career to helping people come alive and has written extensively on masculine identity, fatherhood, and building genuine friendships.
We discuss the importance of
- recognizing and dealing with personal issues
- finding trustworthy mentors
- doing the tough work required to achieve personal growth and development
- the lost concept of becoming an elder
- the importance of looking within oneself for identity
If you’re looking for a roadmap for creating a life filled with joy, purpose and fulfillment, this episode is for you! Join us as we explore The Power of Living Intentionally: Exploring Purpose and Fulfillment in the Second Half of Life with Chris Bruno.
Chris Bruno is the Co-Founder and CEO of Restoration Project and Founder and CEO of ReStory® Counseling, devoting his life to helping people come alive. He is the author of Sage: A Man’s Guide Into His Second Passage, Man Maker Project: A Father’s Guide to Initiating His Son to Manhood and Brotherhood Primer: A Journey Into Genuine Masculine Friendships, and a licensed professional counselor. He has decades of experience helping men recover their hearts.
Chris lives in Colorado with his wife of 27 years and they have three mostly adult children and enjoy adventures in the Colorado mountains or overseas whenever possible. He loves Jeeps, streams, whiskey, Scotland, and everything Celtic.
Here’s how to connect with Chris:
- https://www.restorationproject.net/sage – this is where listeners can learn more about the book, and also take the “Tremors Assessment”
- https://www.restory.life – this is where Chris leads a team of counselors offering care from his unique “ReStory” approach.
- Additionally, https://www.restory.life/colorado-counseling-intensive is where listeners can find the ReStory Intensives Chris facilitates
Connect with Chris Bruno on social media:
- Restoration Project: @restorationprojectco
- ReStory Counseling: @storyrestored
Want some discovery questions to go deeper?
- What does it mean to become a sage in the second half of one’s life?
- How can individuals identify the negative influences in their lives and burn them away to reach a fertile heart?
- Why is it important to have mentors and counselors to guide us through the process of personal growth and development?
- How can society as a whole benefit from having more elders in our communities?
- What actions can be taken to shift the emphasis from external factors to internal identity, as suggested in the podcast?
- What are the dangers of not addressing the issues that invade our hearts and personal relationships?
- What are some strategies for becoming more transparent and taking risks in our relationships?
- How can we distinguish between different types of coaches and counselors to find the one that aligns with our values and beliefs?
- What role does introspection and self-reflection play in the process of understanding oneself and others better?
- How can we become a valuable presence in the world and give the gift of our presence to others?
Looking for a personal coach to help you navigate these areas?
I have a few spots open. Message me to learn more.