Recognizing and navigating a relationship with a narcissistic individual can be one of the most challenging and emotionally draining experiences. It’s important to be aware of the red flags that come along with this type of relationship, so we can identify potential issues before they arise.
My friend and guest Vickie Lynn shares some signs and symptoms associated with narcissistic behavior. She is a survivor of 25 years of narcissistic abuse, and is the founder of The Survivor Center, where she equips and empowers women who are forced to share custody with an abusive or narcissistic ex husband or partner.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is narcissism?
- How do you recognize if you are in this type of relationship. What are some warning signs or red flags.
- Gasligthing, verbal & emotional abuse.
- Devalue you; attack every area of your worth and especially your purpose & calling
- Use religion as a facade – look and speak the part, but is manipulation
- Why is narcissism dangerous within the church.
- What are the emotional, mental, spiritual and physical ramifications?
- What is trauma bonding.
- How to get help and steps towards healing.
Connect with Vickie:
Facebook @Hopeful + Healed Moms
Listen to our previous episode to learn more:
Ep. 62 How To Recognize & Navigate Difficult or Toxic Relationships
Here’s a list of all Created To Thrive Podcast episodes to strengthen and encourage you.
In an abusive situation? Contact the Domestic Violence Hotline to get help!
Their phone number is 1-800-799-7233(SAFE) or Text START to 88788